Neon America
August 04, 2020, 11:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Updated the Tech section of the site to include the TDC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) for ALL Neon's and SRT-4's. 1995-1999 and 2000-2005.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Questions and Ideas  (Read 608 times)
Aaron Paul
Global Moderator
Not too shy to talk

tidnab_98@hotmail.com
Email
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »

Ok so I have a 98 Highline Sedan 5 spd.  Original engine and tranny setup for modular clutch parts car engine and tranny setup for standard clutch now my question is which is better?  I have a place here in AK that can reline any clutch in any setup with what ever I want ( course pending the money to do so) for a good price.
  Now second question to this is I plan on building one engine up for track and one for DD with some fun but want to keep the DD with good mpg.  What should I do as in the rebuild for both setups? oh and they are single overheads both are 98's.
  Any Ideas would be great and remember  :feedback:

THERE IS NO LOVE AS THERE IS FOR YOUR NEON!!! :rally:
neonhondakiller
Thinking about it

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:13:47 AM »

are you asking about the clutch for both or the engine
Aaron Paul
Global Moderator
Not too shy to talk

tidnab_98@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »

The engines are both 98 SOHC and I am looking at trying to make one a track engine and one a performance mpg engine. As for the tranny/ clutch question i am trying to find out which is better for which setup. IE the modular clutch is better for track than mpg or that the non modular is better for track.. make any sense there.
  I currently use my slightly modded neon as my daily driver and am not getting the best mpg... tranny slips, bad knocking/ grinding sounds from engine and blowing black specs of something all over the back of the car. MPG's is around 33-42 mostly highway doing about 105 miles round trip at 60-65 mph..  Any help would be great also is anyone has any deals on rebuild kits for less than $400... my girls 05 Kia master rebuild kit ( includes everything down to the pistons is only $215 shipped) I am mainly needing just gaskets rings, seals and bearings.
  Thanks

THERE IS NO LOVE AS THERE IS FOR YOUR NEON!!! :rally:
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: