Neon America
October 20, 2020, 11:58:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Technical Service Manuals,
These are the same manuals your dealer and the professional Technicians use for Maintenance, repairs and service work.  For more information on this please check out the following post.
 http://www.neonamerica.org/forum/index.php?topic=809.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: ECU Shopping  (Read 841 times)
Garrett Brown
Online Member

TouchThePainter
Email
« on: January 24, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »

I've been searching online but i can't find what would best fit my car. I'm looking for a 1st Stage ECU for my DOHC 2.0 Any links would be appreciated.
Northern
Administrator
Online Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »

Howels ( AFX ) or mopar  would be your the best bet.
Harry Bushling
Global Moderator
Just can't stay away

212220969 neonhondakiller@hotmail.com neonhondakiller neonhondakiller
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »

Go with A MOPAR ECU IT IS STREET LEGAL AND DOESN'T COAST THAT MUCH

HARRY BUSHLING
A.K.A. NEONHONDAKILLER
V.P.NEONAMERICA CAR CLUB VP@NEONAMERICA.COM
PRES.SOCAL NEON AMERICA CAR CLUB SOCAL@SOCALNEONAMERICA.COM
Willy
Just popping in

dodgeneonacr1998
Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 05:21:07 PM »

Ebay has Mopar PCM's for like 50 Bucks! You can get them at www.HowellAutomotive.com or go to the Dodge garage and order one. They will run you about 260-270 after tax if you buy it from Dodge or Howell. Im not sure what www.Modernperformance.com  sells as in Computers but im sure they also have the Mopar PCM's. AF/X is slightly more performance tuned. But with that in mind you have to realize it wont be as reliable as say the Mopar.

The Mopar PCM raises the rev limiter to 7600 rpms from 7400 with the stock ECU. It pretty much eliminates the need for an EGR valve,advances the time. Your speed limiter will be raised to who knows what....in other words youll never hit it!!

The AF/x performs better but with a more advanced time and even larger rpm range you are more likely to blow it up. Advantages of it are you wont need a Cat converter. The AF/X unlike the Mopar ignores the Ds 02 sensor, so you can run the AF/X long tube header and not worry about throwing a code becouse you eliminated your cat.

Just a few things I thought you might like to know.
BTW If you are going to run Turbo or NO2 one day you will want to stick with your stock PCM. Boost and time advance dont work well together. Good Luck and hope that helps some! Later
Northern
Administrator
Online Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 05:14:04 AM »

Yah!!!!!! Willie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :metal:
Willy
Just popping in

dodgeneonacr1998
Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 12:50:14 AM »

<<<<<-------:old: LOL