Neon America
October 30, 2020, 04:17:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Updated the Tech section of the site to include the TDC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) for ALL Neon's and SRT-4's. 1995-1999 and 2000-2005.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: interchangeable Neon  (Read 949 times)
kevin
Online Member

Email
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:00:23 AM »

alright..i just found this site it seems pretty cool...but heres my question.. alright i have a 1996 Neon and i was wondering what i could interhcange with a newer neon like bumpers head lights tail light turbo charger..wheels i was curious if anyone new anything..thanks Kevin..
Harry Bushling
Global Moderator
Just can't stay away

212220969 neonhondakiller@hotmail.com neonhondakiller neonhondakiller
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »

on your model yr the exteerior parts your stuck with 95-99
on the interior part you can use te seats and radio
on the motor you can use the block,head and tranny most of te newer neons unles you rewire the car and use te ecu out of the newer neon then you could use any
i also think you can use any of the exhust systems with minior twicking

wheels well all of the neon have the same lug patter nad wheel all but the 1994 4 lug and te srt-4 has a different offset so they rub will bee to get spacers bg ones lol

now for a turbo i know there is a guy making a sohc-a srt4 dohc exhaust plate that way you can use the srt4 turbo system

but that is all i have found to fit

good luck on that

HARRY BUSHLING
A.K.A. NEONHONDAKILLER
V.P.NEONAMERICA CAR CLUB VP@NEONAMERICA.COM
PRES.SOCAL NEON AMERICA CAR CLUB SOCAL@SOCALNEONAMERICA.COM
Eric
Thinking about it

JimmyListnens
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »

Don't be mistaken though, a 2.0 head isn't going to fit right on a 2.4 block. They are different engines. You have to do your own research to find out if what you want to do can be done. The wheel thing was stated right above. Body parts, if you want to put a 2G (2000+) body kit or bumpers etc. you will have to cut them and you'd better be good with fiberglass. 2G's are wider than the 1G's. I have 2003 SXT wheels on my '97 right now and they are little scetchy. Rotors from a 2G fit on a 1G and are actually a better rotor as they are thicker. It will take a little time to get them in the calipers but it will be worth it in the long run. This little "mod" (I think) is better than the slotted/drilled rotors. For a DD you're *probably* not going to notice any difference with the slots/holes. Just get 1G Hawk Performance pads and 2G stock rotors and you'll notice a huge improvement. Turbo will work but I'm not even getting into that as it would take a while. As for heads/tails, the tails are flat out no....just look at them, not even close. The headlights are another thing that if you mod a little bit, they will work....but why? I can see wanting the SRT-4 style headlights, but not the ones that look like the ones you already have. Any Neon engine will work in any Neon, however the PCM's are designed differently for every year Neon. Plus you have the MTX and ATX PCM's out there. Unless you want to cut/splice your harness, get the one that is for your engine/car. If you have an ATX and want to upgrade your PCM.....good luck finding one. If you want a better PCM though, youve only really got two choices: Mopar Performance and AFX...so it's Mopar or....Mopar.
Really, if you have time, patience and money...*anything* is possible.

bj
Willy
Just popping in

dodgeneonacr1998
Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »

The 2.0 Dohc head will bolt right up to a 2.4 block.
You need to buy a motor mount kit that lowers the motor to gain some more clearance from the hood. Seeing how the 2.4 block is slightly taller than a 2.0. As far as accesories like AC,power steering and Alt. The AC will have to go and you will have to do some research on the PS pump and alt.
Im pretty sure that the PT alt and ps pump will work but you have to work on the PS bracket so that you can make it adjust some.

As far as lights,hoods,ect nope wont work. However the motor,tranny,seats,radio and things of that nature will work.Like BJ said.....If you got the money anything is possible!! LOL Good Luck!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: