Neon America
October 20, 2020, 12:31:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Technical Service Manuals,
These are the same manuals your dealer and the professional Technicians use for Maintenance, repairs and service work.  For more information on this please check out the following post.
 http://www.neonamerica.org/forum/index.php?topic=809.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: crankshaft question  (Read 524 times)
evan wilson
Online Member

Email
« on: January 21, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »

k my 97 dohc spun a rod bearing, and pry many people know on this site that I've been looking 4 a motor, but i may have found an alternative. Can I replace the crankshaft and the spun rod bearing? I can buy a rod bearing for $30 or $40 a someone in my state is selling me a crankshaft. so i was wandering, R my problems solved or are the still somethings left unfinished that i would nee to have my neon running back to normal again?
Northern
Administrator
Online Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 03:32:52 AM »

edub20 wrote:
k my 97 dohc spun a rod bearing, and pry many people know on this site that I've been looking 4 a motor, but i may have found an alternative. Can I replace the crankshaft and the spun rod bearing? I can buy a rod bearing for $30 or $40 a someone in my state is selling me a crankshaft. so i was wandering, R my problems solved or are the still somethings left unfinished that i would nee to have my neon running back to normal again?

Its all on how bad the bearing spun, if it scared the crank, then you need the crank re finished, and oversized bearings put in., if the crank is fine you should beable to just put a fresh set of bearing in....( with the correct torq, lube, oil, ect )
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: