Neon America
October 20, 2020, 11:59:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Technical Service Manuals,
These are the same manuals your dealer and the professional Technicians use for Maintenance, repairs and service work.  For more information on this please check out the following post.
 http://www.neonamerica.org/forum/index.php?topic=809.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Intake manifold  (Read 3606 times)
Harry Bushling
Global Moderator
Just can't stay away

212220969 neonhondakiller@hotmail.com neonhondakiller neonhondakiller
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 06:07:24 AM »

ok you want a mid lenght intake manifold with a 55mm t/b hole  in trade for a stock and indy intake manifold is that what you want me to ask him ?

HARRY BUSHLING
A.K.A. NEONHONDAKILLER
V.P.NEONAMERICA CAR CLUB VP@NEONAMERICA.COM
PRES.SOCAL NEON AMERICA CAR CLUB SOCAL@SOCALNEONAMERICA.COM
Kevin Schmidt
Not too shy to talk

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 02:48:59 AM »

That is what I would guess... Seeing I am not going Turbo ( YET ). Also I am running a Stock Bore with Raised Compression ( Slightly ), and a 55mm TB with #12 Crane Cam ( Thiniking on going to #14 Crane ). A short runner would not work and I am worried about fit with a long tube runner. I am thinking a Mid Length would be the best choice. Also my Head has been Gasket matched on both intake and exhaust sides. I am running Short Tube headers as well. So I think the Mid length would be the best combination... My  compression is at the 10.1 : 1 with DOHC pistons in the SOHC running combination. Not sure if it is actually 10.1 : 1 that is just what is documented if you put in DOHC Pistons in with a SOHC Head.

So Let me know what it would run for a Mid Length, that has been ported and matched for a 55mm TB. I am still running with a Stock Fuel Rail and Stock Injectors. I do not care about the Polished finish. It is not for show. I am just looking at something better than the Composit that does not require changing all the fans and a custom radiator. That is also why I want to get the Intake first to compair it to the Indy before I send the Indy Intake back. I will also include a 52mm TB and a Stock Aluminum Intake for the 420A as well seeing I will not need them after getting the CORRECT Combination I will need.

Thank you,
Kevin Schmidt

[color=990000]WHO CARES RACING[/color] :ranger:
Harry Bushling
Global Moderator
Just can't stay away

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 02:44:45 AM »

he said the wait time is a little over a month right now  and he doesn't do a mid length runner on the sohc manifolds, its short or long.here is pic of the long

HARRY BUSHLING
A.K.A. NEONHONDAKILLER
Kevin Schmidt
Not too shy to talk

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »

I see he relocated the battery??? Is this nessassary?? What would the Short Tube look like?? I see the advantage but I do not want to alter the Battery Tray or move the Fues Holder...

I also See that it is close to the Upper hose as well as the INDY was.... That is what I am trying to avoid... Remember I still have A/C and can not push the Rad Forward...

How does the Throttle cables reach?? I also have Cruise Controll... I still want that hooked up as well due to this is a Daily Driver... AND I do Drive it.... I already have over 25K on the Rebuild and I only had it back since May...

Pic's of the Short Tube Installed would be great...

Thanks again..

Harry Bushling
Global Moderator
Just can't stay away

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »

there is not going to be a perfect bolt on manifold with no problems or moving of thing in the engine bay area . there will always need to be modifcation that is why there custom parts

HARRY BUSHLING
A.K.A. NEONHONDAKILLER
Kevin Schmidt
Not too shy to talk

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 01:43:18 AM »

I understand the Custom Part. I also know the issue with Supply and Demand. But I would like to see more Custom parts Easier TO install with Minimal Custom work to be completed. IF there is not a Demand for Easier Custom work with Model / Engine Type you are left out with little choice. I just wish there would be an Intake made for better flow that would fit in the stock location. It would be super if the Throttle Body was flipped Upside down to allow a Air Intake picked up from the bottom of the car. I know that would be an issue with water pick-up but with some R&D I would think someone could proffit greatly with a set-up like that. It would be easier to route a CAI from the bottom if you were doing a NA car. I see the issue with TURBO seeing the output of the Turbo would be about the normal routing of the stock air box, so this would be again Application and Demand issues. Looking at the INDY Intake I see a little flaw with the Injector placement and the over all fit in-between the Head and the Radiator. The angle that the injectors spray is almost at a 45* to the head port causing it to change direction of flow, Not smart thinking. The stock is best on the angle. But the issue with Stock is the 90* turn in which the air has to flow through the Runners. So I would think the ULTIMATE Intake would have a Straight Shot from the Injectors to the Port with a 45* Pitch of the Runners. On the Plenume ( SP ) There needs enough Volume in it to not starve any of the Runners but to also have clearance of a STOCK dual Fan Set-Up. Next would be the Placement of the Throttle Body. The Straight in apporach was great but Relocation of the Battery Tray is not. I would think if one could be set up with a Side mounted but Facing Downward to allow a short attachment to put a CAI Under the Battery's current location would be the Best fit. The only Draw back would be that would be only a naturally asperated set-up.

Sorry about the long post.... Tell me what you think..  :-(

Harry Bushling
Global Moderator
Just can't stay away

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 06:16:29 AM »

let me finish mine and i will see what i can come up with

HARRY BUSHLING
A.K.A. NEONHONDAKILLER
Harry Bushling
Global Moderator
Just can't stay away

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:09 AM »

you should try and get a stock intake off a magnum better flow and it is at the angle you want

HARRY BUSHLING
A.K.A. NEONHONDAKILLER
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: